New Ways to Treat Mesothelioma Patients
Although mesothelioma is an irreversible illness, there is always hope. Several new mesothelioma treatment approaches are being currently researched and tested. In addition, researchers are improving on traditional treatments and therapies. These include:
- Angiogenesis and Anti-angiogenesis Drugs - are used to block the growth of cancerous tumors by preventing them to form new blood vessels.
- Immunotherapy - boosts the immune system to fight cancerous cells from the body.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) - improves local control of mesothelioma.
- Photodynamic Therapy (PDT) - use of photosensitive drugs to expose the cancerous cells. A laser light is used to activate the photosensitizing agent, cells absorb the light, and an active form of oxygen destroys the cancerous cells.
- Gene Therapy - to replace genes that are responsible for tumor growth with a copy of a normal gene.
- Alternative Treatments and Medicine -eastern medicine, herbs, message therapy, acupuncture and more.
If you are interested to learn more about these new mesothelioma treatment approaches, please speak with a mesothelioma specialist and after, contact our Mesothelioma Law Firm to learn how we can help you obtain financial compensation to cover for all your medical costs.
The Buck Law Firm has represented numerous victims and their families with mesothelioma lawsuits. Our Georgia mesothelioma lawyer is experienced in determining the guilty party. We are determined to have the responsible people held liable for your illness. Call today to begin your mesothelioma claim with attorney Rob C. Buck.